Monday, February 13, 2012

IAMM Class Field Trip



1. The initial statement of IAMM is to gain more knowledge and teach people about the entire Islamic world and their art.

2. The audience of IAMM will get to know more on Islamic art, why they want to do it this or that way. From IAMM, the audience can also understand the why middle east appears in Islamic world, the calligraphy, their lifestyle and also how they carve their metalwork /coin /jewellery /textile /ceramics brings a lot of curiosity that make people want to know even more about it.




3. The mood/emotion I can say is quite well done, the museum is very spacious and it gives people a classy and clean feeling.

What attract me most is the architecture of this building, especially the dome, the pattern and texture, every dome has different kind of design.





Somehow I think that the lighting should be more brighter, some places have more lighting some not. The lighting itself helps a lot in order to show the texturing or some important thing on an object. I like the way they categorized the museum, as in when you go in, you'll see the architecture part first, then is the metalwork and the list goes on.


4. I'm quite curious about why Islamic world will involve with Chinese Dynasty.I didn't expect to see calligraphy in the middle east from China. I want to know deeper on how they combine two different culture design with to two culture backgrounds that is totally different.







5. I find that the dome, the calligraphy and the texture in Islamic world attract me the most.


6.
i) Why mosque or their metalwork always carve with pattern? Is it compulsory?
ii) How and why Islam step into Chinese dynasty ?
iii) I realized that in every objects or domes, why do they need to put so many different type of textures, pattern and also color?

No comments:

Post a Comment